Saturday, March 18, 2006

After Cinequest

I know I know, it's been awhile, but I have been busy!

To sum up, I went to Cinequest, burned a bridge with a major media player in DC, pissed off a teacher, well, 2 actually, and got stuck in an elevator with 24 of my closest friends.

1- cinequest. Turns out all I had to pay for was airfare and booze. No hotel payment necessary! Partying with filmmakers is a blast. Partying with 48 Hour Filmmakers? Whole new level. There's no way I'm not doing this again, even if I have to pay my whole way. Seriously, best time I've had all year.
2- Major media player crankiness. Let's say I agreed to do something for free for a MMP. Let's say neither of us communicated particularly well about the project. Let's say at the last minute the parameters of the project changed and let's say they expected me to move heaven and earth to kowtow to their well. Let's say I later figured out from e-mails they were going to take my work to go to a major other media player to pitch it. And let's say I had no idea about that. What would you do? I'll tell you what I did. I got pissed, and got on a plane for California.
The bridge is burned. And I am happy for it. Fuck that shit. I don't do MASSIVE work like that for free. And you have to be delirious to expect someone to deliver such a major project who you have 1- never worked with, 2- is working for free, 3- is still a student, 4- never comes to the office and therefore unavailable to be supervised or guided along in any way.
WTF people?
3- Teachers being pissed off- 2. Classes I'm taking- 3. Can I piss off the third this week? Quite possibly.

If I can make it this semester without failing, I'll be impressed. I expect a C in at least 1 class. Another C and I shall have to repeat it. And maybe lose my scholarship. I weep at the impending loss of sleep for the remaining 7 weeks of the semester. Money! We Love You! Sleep! Thou art mine enemey!

Le Sigh.

More editing posts to come, I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home